Shouldn't stty commands on host LAT ports set remote baud rate?

Ian! D. Allen [CGL] idallen at watmath.waterloo.edu
Thu Sep 6 18:27:11 AEST 1990

If a LAT port is supposed to behave just like a real hardware port,
shouldn't I be able to stty the /dev/tty00 entry and have it set the
baud rate of the corresponding port on the terminal server?

I want to have a dial-in/dial-out modem that does autobaud coming in and
uses Unix-selected speeds when going out, just like I can do currently
with my real hardware ports.  How?
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen at watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada