VMS/ULTRIX CONNECT

roberto divia rbt at cernvax.UUCP
Wed Sep 12 18:11:46 AEST 1990

Another small problem with UCX:

$ ftp 130.91.6.12
220 dsl.cis.upenn.edu FTP server (Version 4.106 Thu Sep 22 17:04:53 PDT 1988) ready.
Connected to dsl.
Name (130.91.6.12:divia): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.
$ ftp 35.1.1.43
Failed to get host information for 35.1.1.43 from database

Record not found
ftp>  Exit

The first site (dsl.cis.upenn.edu) is defined in the UCX hosts database (ucx
set host "dsl"/address=130.91.6.12), the second node is not. Now, it seems to me
that this is a bit strange. Am I doing something wrong? I have installed UCX
for evaluation purposes and I don't have the latest manual... I am running version
1.2-10 (from UCX$CONFIG.COM) and the manual of version 1.0 states how the call to
ftp should work in both cases.
--
|   Roberto Divia`      | Love at  first sight  is one of the greatest |
|   =============       | labor-saving devices the world has ever seen |