uucp Dialout via decserver?

Jeff Ross jeff at wisdom.UUCP
Mon Jan 7 14:42:29 AEST 1991

this weekend, I attempted to get our uucp host to call out via a modem
(telebit T2500) connected to a decserver 200.  I have been able to
accept calls in with no problems.  however, getting calls to go out seems
to be a little problem.

I have set the decserver for access to be dynamic, I enabled modem control,
handshakeing is CTS, and characteristics are dialup.  I also set a dedicated
service to my uucp host.

in order to assign a tty device to the decserver port I did the following:

/etc/lcp -h /dev/tty15:MD2051:PORT_5

when I go to dial, I get a dial failure and uucico aborts.

any suggestions??? did I miss something simple??

					Jeff

sig?!?!?! you want a stinkin' sig????
uucp:   jeff at wisdom.uucp   /*  ...!rutgers!wisdom!jeff  */
arpa:   ross at fdurt1.fdu.edu		MaBell: 201-299-1819