Dynamic loading in Ultrix (ld -A)

George Hartzell hartzell at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Thu Jan 17 07:42:50 AEST 1991

In article <BOGAART.91Jan16152640 at lager.serc.nl> bogaart at lager.serc.nl (Eugene  Bogaart) writes:

    I have a question about dynamic loading in Ultrix. !  I have tried to
   load dynamically functions which are in libc.a, such as gethostent !
   The loader then complains about:

    >ld:
    /lib/libc.a(gethostent.o): object not compiled with -G 0 will not work linking with -A

   Does anybody know if DEC fixed this in any of the 4.x release of
   Ultrix. Or in other words: are there versions of libc.a which can be
   used with dynamic loading or even tools which covert libc.a to a
   version which can be use with dynamic loading.

Try using libc_G0.a instead.  It is a -G 0 version of libc.

g.

--
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309