<None>

Mike Conlon mconlon at holly.stat.ufl.edu
Fri Jan 18 07:24:30 AEST 1991

We have recently brought up X11R4 on our DECstation 3100 under
Ultrix 4.1. We have a group of Xterminals, 1200's and 1000's and
we would like their screens managed by xdm.

We put entries in the Xservers file like:

ilex:0 VT1200 foreign

and sent a SIGHUP to xdm. It reset ilex's screen (went grey--
everything was gone). The Xterm was locked solid. The error
messages in xdm-errors are shown below.

error (pid 14887): Hung in XOpenDisplay(ilex:0), aborting
error (pid 14887): server open failed for ilex:0, giving up

What else needs to be done to get the X terminal ilex to accept the
login screen and other X messages from the DECstation?

Please mail to me and I will collect responses and post back
a summary.

--
Michael Conlon                             | Internet: mconlon at stat.ufl.edu
Research Assistant Professor               | BITNET  : mconlon at nervm