Ultrix/X (more questions)

Brian Glendenning bglenden at colobus.cv.nrao.edu
Sat Jan 5 12:02:38 AEST 1991

With the promising advice I got after my first reply I decided to
press on and try bringing up X11R4 from MIT.

All was going well until it actually tried to build the server, at
which point it died with missing include files, e.g.
<machine/pmreg.h>.

I am assuming that these files disappeared or were subsumed when
Ultrix 3.x was upgraded to 4.x. Is there a patch to get the MIT server
to run under Ultrix 4.x? (I mostly want some clients, but I might as
well compile the server if possible). I looked on a few likely ftp
sites but didn't see such any obvious candidates for such a patch.

Also, using gcc vs cc made used to make dramatic differences on the
performance of MIT X on Suns, is the same true of the DEC RISC
machines (I have been using cc). Thanks again.

Brian
--
       Brian Glendenning - National Radio Astronomy Observatory
bglenden at nrao.edu          bglenden at nrao.bitnet          (804) 296-0286