Problem with decnet mail on ultrix

Michael Paddon mwp at ubeaut.oz.au
Mon Jan 7 11:54:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan4.213226.5614 at news.miami.edu>, grant at oj.rsmas.miami.edu
(Grant Basham) writes:
> I have two nodes running ultrix 4.0, a 3200 and a 5000.  The 3200
> receives decnet mail from a vms site.  The other node, oj, the 5000,
> fails vms mail:
>   $ mail nla0: oj::grant
>   %MAIL-E-LOGLINK, error creating network link to node OJ
>   -SYSTEM-F-LINKEXIT, network partner exited
>
> Decnet mail from an ultrix site just hangs forever in que with:
>    (Deferred: Remote MAIL object at oj not responding)

I had exactly this problem over the last few days. The problem, in my
case, were the permissions on /usr/tmp not being 777.

[This happened after I newfs'd a new partition and mounted it as /usr/tmp
and forgot to do the appropriate chmod.]

					Michael

|                     |     Internet: paddon at meo78b.enet.dec.com  |
|  Michael Paddon     |     ACSnet:   mwp at ubeaut.oz.au            |
|                     |     ACSnet:   mwp at munnari.oz.au           |
|                     |     Voice:    +61 3 895 9392              |