Sendmail Problem

jack at linus.claremont.edu jack at linus.claremont.edu
Tue Jan 29 05:09:36 AEST 1991

In article <7244 at tekgen.BV.TEK.COM>, mike at raven.uss.tek.com (Mike Ewan) writes:

> I'm not sure but it sounds like protections or suid bits on either
> /usr/lib/sendmail or /usr/spool/mail.  /usr/lib/sendmail should be 4755
> and /usr/spool/mail should be 1777.

I forgot to mention in my original posting that I checked all the protections I
could think of.  /usr/lib/sendmail is 4755 /usr/spool/mail is 1777. And
sendmail.cf , .fc, .hf, .st, and aliases are all world readable.  It really is
sort of fustrating because it does sound like a protection/suid problem.  But
if it is, I don't know where (I also check the /tmp directory).

---Jack