ksh/hesiod

Roland Schemers III schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Fri Jan 25 03:05:15 AEST 1991

Hello! More and more hesiod fun for everyone!

I just noticed that the ksh ~ expansion does not seem to work with
hesiod. I logged into a system being served by hesiod, and tried
a 'echo ~someuser', where someuser is a valid user, and the ksh
just printed '~someuser'. If you just type 'echo ~' it works, but
anything else doesn't. It appears that either the ksh is directly
reading the password file, or is using the getpw routines without
hesiod support. This is happening in 4.0/4.1 mips/vax.

Roland

--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems/Network Manager
schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University