Porting to Ultrix - HELP!!!

Steven Salvini steve at cs.hw.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 19:46:56 AEST 1991

We have just acquired a DEC Station 5000/200 RISC machine and I am
trying to port our "local" (previously Vax- or Sun-resident) software to
it.  We are running Ultrix V4.0 (RISC).   I would greatly value any insights
from anyone who has already tried such an operation - most things seem to
port o.k. but a few, like Tex and the Writer's Workbench, are proving a bit
of a problem...

I will, of course, summarise to the net as appropriate.

Yours in supplication,
Steve.

Steven Salvini 79 Grassmarket   JANET       steve at uk.ac.hw.cs
Heriot-Watt University          Internet    steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Computer Science                NSFNET      steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH1 2HJ Scotland U.K. EARN/BITNET steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at UKACRL
Phone  (+44) 31 225 6465 (x557) UUCP        steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at ukc.uucp

Steven Salvini 79 Grassmarket   JANET       steve at uk.ac.hw.cs
Heriot-Watt University          Internet    steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Computer Science                NSFNET      steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH1 2HJ Scotland U.K. EARN/BITNET steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at UKACRL
Phone  (+44) 31 225 6465 (x557) UUCP        steve%cs.hw.ac.uk at ukc.uucp