Ultrix 4.2

Brian V. Smith envbvs at epb7.lbl.gov
Wed Jun 19 02:41:08 AEST 1991

|> Maybe we could put the binaries up on the net somewhere.  I've have the MIT
|> code installed here.

In reading the "Ultrix and UWS Release Notes", on page 4-11, it says (and I
quote):

"The graphics driver structure has changed such that it is no longer possible
to build or run the MIT X11 Release 4 sample server.  Because of driver
structure changes, header files needed to build the MIT X11 Release 4 sample
server no longer exist.  Instead, use the servers providev by Digital."

It goes on to say that after "final submission of this product Digital will
provide the MIT release with the information and code needed to build MIT
servers with this version of ULTRIX Worksystem Software."

Whats the scoop here?  Is it really not possible to buld the MIT server
for Ultrix 4.2?

--
Brian V. Smith    (bvsmith at lbl.gov)
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory