vt240 & termcaps / escape key problems

Kral braun at dri.com
Tue Jun 25 08:06:29 AEST 1991

Here's a problem I used to know the answer to, but have forgotten.

We have both VMS and Unix (Ultrix) systems here.  One of my people has a vt240
and connects to either system, either through a data switch, or through set
host from vms.

The problem is, the escape key on the vt240 sends a "<esc>]23~", which editors
like vi interpret as a combination of garbage and "change case" commands; the
usual affect is to change the case of the character under the cursor and move
the cursor forward one character.

Her TERM env variable is set to vt200.  What are we doing wrong?

--
kral * 408/647-6112 *               ...!uunet!drivax!braun * braun at dri.com
"Talking trash, touching on truth"	-- Micheal Hedges "1-900-I-LUV-YOU"