How to duplicate the Ultrix distribution TK50's?

Allan E Johannesen aej at manyjars.WPI.EDU
Thu Jun 6 02:45:43 AEST 1991

weis> It can't be done with dd, there must be something special.  (I
weis> tried it with bs=10k (good for layered products tapes, but not
weis> for at least the supported subset vol. 1.))

I'll mail you my cheap programs to copy tape to disk and disk to tape
(I only have one drive).  Essentially, the problem is the varying
block sizes of the different tape files, and also of copying all the
files on the tape (the first is only a boot file, if it's nonempty).