Hard errors on device

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vtserf.cc.vt.edu
Sat Jun 22 01:15:34 AEST 1991

In article <2841 at calmasd.Prime.COM> kjb at calmasd.Prime.COM (Ken Brucker) writes:
>I've got a disk that is failing on one of my Ultrix nodes.  What I'd like to
>know is if there's a way to determine which files have been corrupted by
>several bad block errors.  I've got the sn number, LBN and block number as

icheck and ncheck are useful utilities in times such as these.  Probably
why they weren't abandoned when fsck subsumed most of their functions.

Do an icheck -b blockno1 blockno2 etc.

Any files it find with those block numbers in them will be reported.

ncheck is useful if you have inode numbers and need the name, do a
ncheck -i inode-no.

--
Ron Jarrell
Virginia Tech Computing Center