Help! need recent (ultrix 4.1 or 4.2) scsi_data.c

Lawrence Anthony anthony at nntp-server.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 11 03:34:05 AEST 1991

In article <AJC.91Jun6113241 at thendara.pa.dec.com> ajc at thendara.pa.dec.com (AJ Casamento) writes:

>	Philip Yzarn de Louraille writes:
>
>	>> Could some DEC people tell if it is *legal* (NO FLAMES, PLEASE)
>	>> to help a fellow admisnistrator with the above request???
>

>    Philip,
>
>      I have already sent Lawrence Anthony the above file. It contains no
>    AT&T Code so it was not an issue. The Digital SCSI interface is an open
>    one and I know of no reason not to (Ultrix v4.2 is released). The more
>    likely issue is that if he's actually trying to get at the added function-
>    ality of the release, he's going to find out that scsi_data.c calls out
>    devices that Ultrix v4.0 knows nothing about. But, I'll cross that bridge
>    when I come to it.
>
>				Thanx,
>				  AJ

my reason for the original request (which a. j. casamento promptly
answered) was that i was in the process of installing an RZ24 disk
drive on a decstation 3100 running ultrix 3.1/uws 2.1.  there were
no entries for the RZ24 in the scsi_data.c provided with 3.1/2.1;
and the new disk was being "identified" at boot up as "UNKNOWN".
i merely wished to patch in an entry for the RZ24 into my copy of
scsi_data.c and to ascertain the appropriate flags for the scsi
probe routine (in scsi_devtab[]).

lawrence anthony
lza at ulysses.caltech.edu