Help with DEC help widget

Martin Hofmann martin at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Jun 28 07:37:27 AEST 1991

I am having problems using the DEC help widget in my program.  The specific
error is that it cannot find the library.  Presumably I'm doing something
wrong, but I have no idea what.  I have also copied a demo program (xuidemo)
from /usr/demo/xuidemo to my directory and compiled it.  It gives me the
same error.  Normally I can compare my program with the demo and find what
I'm doing wrong, but in this case nothing works.

Has anybody out there used the DECWindows Help widget?  and if so could
they please tell me how they did it.  I normally use a UIL file to specify
my widgets and use C to display, dismiss and change widgets.  I have the
following line in the arguments of the help_box widget:
    library_spec = compound_string("./help");
It compiles OK, but at run-time I get message box saying
    Couldn't open library ...

I am using a system based on a DECstation 5000, Model 200 running Ultrix v4.0

I would appreciate any help anyone could give
    Thanks in advance,
	martin

--
The world is sacred.  You cannot improve it.	| Martin Hofmann, U of Toronto
If you try to change it, you will ruin it.	| martin at zoo.toronto.edu
If you try to hold it, you will lose it.	| martin at zoo.utoronto.ca
	Lao Tsu, "Tao Te Ching"			| uunet!attcan!utzoo!martin