Ultrix 4.2

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Fri Jun 14 22:59:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun13.203055.16375 at milton.u.washington.edu>, mattf at cac.washington.edu (Matthew Freedman) writes:
|>Are you *sure* that the new Xtm and Xtm2d are not R4? After I saw your
|>first post, I asked a DEC support person about this, and he assured me
|>that all the servers are now R4 based. ...

He was mistaken.

According tothe UWS V4.2 Software Product Description (SPD),
only the servers for color frame buffers are X11R4.  To be
specific:

Workstation and graphics	Server	Base	Extensions

DS5000 CX and MX 		Xws	X11R4	Shape, DPS
DS5000 PX			Xtm2d	X11R3	DPS,
DS5000 PXG, PXG Turbo		Xtm	X11R3	DPS, PEX
DS3100 mono and 8 plane color	Xws	X11R4	Shape, DPS
DS2100 mono and 8 plane color	Xws	X11R4	Shape, DPS