Installation instructions for ULTRIX 4.2

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sun Jun 9 13:06:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun7.234826.13089 at garfield.ncat.edu> kerm at garfield.ncat.edu (Cary Burnette) writes:

> Hello:
>
>   I was wondering if anyone who has received their 4.2
> tapes, also received installation instructions ? We
> received our tapes,release notes and SPD, but no
> installation instruction. The release notes mention
> a document called " Guide to installing ULTRIX", but
> we don't have it. I really just need the descriptions
> of the software subsets, there seems to be some reorginization
> of the subsets this time. The release notes have the sizes,
> but no descriptions.

You should ought to have a document by the name you mention,
Part No: AA-PBL0C-TE.  It's one of those 8.5x11 grey bound
books.

The subset division isn't that much different than before -
a few thing have moved and some, particularly the man pages
have been split into run-time and programming subsets.

I don't really care if the documents come in small or large
format, but I wish they'd all have 3-hole punching so they
can be organized instead of wandering off!

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com