Cant get mbufs

Mart Mennen rcmart at rwb.urc.tue.nl
Mon Jun 3 23:46:26 AEST 1991

Since a few days we have a very nasty problem on our DECsystem 5400,
which runs under Ultrix 4.0.
After a timeperiod of about 7 hours the system reports "cant get mbufs"
on the console and then the system hangs!
Nothing interesting is found in errorlogs and syslogs. We also checked
for ethernetproblems as this system has a lot of NFS-clients, but untill
now we have not encountered strange things in that area.

Is there anyone who has suffered from this same problem or has any
suggestions for solving the problem?

Thanks for your time.
--
Mart Mennen, Eindhoven University of Technology
Computing Centre 1.99,  +31 40 472164
E-Mail: rcmart at urc.tue.nl