Xtm2d? Does it work

Reha Elci reha at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 18 05:16:22 AEST 1991

In article <scLD1RW00VRUA2ZJ4n at andrew.cmu.edu> mikem+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Meyer) writes:
>I have a Decstation 5000/200PX and I'm trying to use Xtm2d, but I am
>bitterly disappointed.  So far I have had the server hang about 3 times
>Mike Meyer

This seems unusual. I am in an environment of about 10 5000/2000PX's and
they are quite reliable & fast. I do image & pixmap manipulations and
do tons of XFillPolygon stuff which really separates good servers from bad
ones. I have had NO problems with the server so far. This maybe a memory/swap
allocation problem. How many megabytes of memory do you have? Do an /etc/pstat
-s frequently and see what the system state is. Failing all that, there may
be something wrong with hardware. I have been in production with them for
about 8 months or so with no such problems.

Reha Elci