trouble mounting cdrom

henderson at esvax.hamavnet.com henderson at esvax.hamavnet.com
Fri Jun 28 10:10:23 AEST 1991

In article <11956 at ncar.ucar.edu>, clyne at redcloud.scd.ucar.edu (John Clyne) writes:
> I just installed ultrix 4.2 from cdrom. Thank you digital for not providing
> an upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. Doing a complete install really made my day (or
> night i should say). After the installation i wanted to load all of our
> unbundled software. Alas i was unable to mount our lovely new RRD40. If
> I execute
>
> 	% mount /dev/rz4c/mnt
>
> i get
>
> 	ufs_mount: /dev/rz4c on /mnt: Restricted operation on file system
>
> If i execute
>
> 	% mount -t cdfs /dev/rz4c /mnt
>
> I get
>
> 	cdfs_mount: Unknown descriptor type
(are you running 4.2? I understand the above -t cdfs qualifier only works with
4.2).

> Yes i do have
>
>         options CDFS
>         pseudo-device    cdfs
>
> configured in the kernel.
>

> Any ideas?

Yes, try

mount -r /dev/rz4c /mnt

Notice the -r indicating that it is a read only volume.

> thanks much - jc

You're welcome!

--
Javier Henderson	| henderson at esvax.hamavnet.com	| Wherever you go,
Avnet Computer		| decwrl!hamavnet!henderson	| there you are.