rlogin problem on DEC3100 running ultrix 4.1

Amit Jain amit at osceola.cs.ucf.edu
Fri Jun 21 04:01:56 AEST 1991

We have a DECstation 3100 running ULTRIX 4.1  in a network of mostly
SPARCstations and Sun-3 workstations. The problem is when I rlogin
from the DECstation to one of the sun-4's it seems to hang. I did
an etherfind and it shows the two machines exchanging packets
and in fact on the sun-4 I can see my self logged in and the
packets show the usual login messages being sent but nothing ever
appears on the DECstation window. Also this problem is not
consistent, i.e. does not happen all the time, but about 75% of the
time. If anybody has any clue, I will appreciate hearing about it.

Amit