CD Rom? Or stick w/ TK50?

Brendan Kehoe brendan at cs.widener.edu
Sun Jun 30 09:05:18 AEST 1991

I personally abhor installing from a TK50, but ..

I'm going to call our Dec rep tomorrow to order 2 DecStation 3100's;
at the same time, I want to ask him to add a Dec CD-Rom on it, for
installs. Only snag is, I don't know if I'll be able to sell our dept
head on it, as I did the systems themselves. (I haven't got a
DecDirect here, so I can't check the price right now.) Anyway, are
there any rumors of Dec dropping tape distributions, as Sun has?
That'd clinch the argument. :-)

Thanks for any ideas..
Brendan
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone
Top Ten Surprises in Rocky V -- Number 5, Loveable Character Chewbacca Dies