How to increase # of semaphores

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Tue Jun 18 19:03:31 AEST 1991

In article <181 at pttdis.UUCP> maurijn at pttdis.UUCP (Maurijn van Tol) writes:

> I want to increase the number of semaphores and semaphore identifiers
> on our 4.1 Ultrix risc machine. I could not find a word about this in
> the documentation (please point me to anything I may have missed), so
> I added two lines to the kernel configuration file:
>
> 	options SEMMNI="40"
> 	options SEMMNS="100"

Where did you get these options from?

If they are apprpriate to Ultrix at all, they may or may not be configurable
in a binary system.  They would have to be used in some of the C code that
gets compiled during the config.  Also, some option changes do not trigger
recompilation of the appropriate sources, you must do a a "make clean" in
the target directory...

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com