a graphics library (3D) for Ultrix with DecWindows?

Reha Elci reha at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 18 04:23:08 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun15.173056.10739 at athena.mit.edu> mlevin at jade.tufts.edu writes:

>    I have Ultrix 4.2 running on a VaxStation II, with the normal
>workstation DecWindows stuff (no MIT X stuff, etc.). Are there any
>(preferably public-domain) graphics libraries available that can work
>with DecWindows and do 3D graphics?  I need it to be callable from
>Ultrix C, and seen in real-time (not like saving PostScript commands to a
First, most of the MIT-X stuff is avaliable; when you configured the machines
using /etc/setld -l, one of the subsets available is the unsuported MIT-X
stuff. With 4.2 in fact, subsets are X11R4 (i.e. there is even more contrib
stuff). As to 3D, the best software is DEC-Phigs+ which will cost you a
bundle but it does a lot + its close to being a standard (pending PEX).
To the best of my knowledge, none of the public-domain stuff come close.

Reha Elci