DDCMP line-to-line thru tta0 on MV2000 running Ultrix 4.2

jim moore mojo at polari.UUCP
Thu Jun 27 12:48:06 AEST 1991

Greetings!
I am hoping to find someone who can answer my question concerning
point-to-point DDCMP communications thru serial port tta0. I am
attempting to do this between a 3100 running VMS and a MV2000
running Ultrix 4.2.
The VMS node easily accomplishes this , but have had difficulty
finding the proper config for the Ultrix node.

The docs say that DECNET/Ultrix requires a DMV11 or Thin-Net Ethernet
device to implement DDCMP point-to-point connection.
I am hoping that someone can tell me how to set up a tty pseudo-device
as a block device and use 'ncp' to open a line for DDCMP comms.

So far , have been unable to find the Ultrix driver to do this
thru a direct serial port connect.

Anybody out there pulled this  off?

Thanks in advance,
Mojo