Needed: quick way to do a 16-bit ROR

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Aug 11 21:37:10 AEST 1981

>From JNC Tue Aug 11 21:33:03 1981
	This isn't really a UNIX question, but there are a lot of
PDP-11 people out there, so here goes: I need a quick way to do a
16 bit ROR. (The ROR instruction itself uses the C bit, for an
effective 17 bits). A 16 bit ROL can be performed by the following
code:
	CLC
	ROL	RX
	ADC	RX

but I can't think of an equivalent hack for ROR that's any better than

	CLC
	ROR	RX
	BCC	1$
	BIS	#100000, RX
1$:

Any ideas? (Improvements to the former are welcome as well!)

		Noel

PS Please reply to me, not the whole list! If there is general
interest, I will forward the best reply.
-------