mo lock driver question

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Wed Aug 19 18:22:40 AEST 1981

>From dsp.dove at MIT-SPEECH@MIT-AI Wed Aug 19 18:13:39 1981
I'm not aware of what you mean by not calling close until after it's
closed (what do each of those closes mean?).  Clearly one wouldn't want
to fork after opening the lock unless one wanted both proc's to access
the critical resource (presumably forking is deliberate).  I don't
actually use this driver I'm just suggesting it.  If it has bugs I
wouldn't be aware of them.  In any case could you elucidate on what you
think the potential bug is? (Is it worse than the ln scheme race that
Dave Yost mentioned?)
-------