11/70 \ 11/44 UNIXbus Map

utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!woods at LL-ASG utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!woods at LL-ASG
Wed Jul 1 18:22:47 AEST 1981

I happen to have made a quite reasonable change to 11/70 mapalloc which permits
three devices to talk to the unibus map at once; it is currently "experimental",
and it is not yet finished, in that it still is not "clever enough"; however,
it appears to be fully functional and fully debugged as is.  I can send you a
copy of my current version, and an update when I have it in finished form--but
even with just three devices, it should provide a significant performance
improvement.  A note, it runs on an 11/44 (which presumably has the same UNIBUS
map as the 70, but with DEC, one never really knows...) and has been running
quite well.
		BCNU,
			John F. Woods

-----