vt100 bug

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!dsp.dove at MIT-SPEECH utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!dsp.dove at MIT-SPEECH
Fri Jul 31 11:07:27 AEST 1981

From: dsp.dove at MIT-SPEECH at MIT-XX
My problem has nothing to do with the fact that vt100's are supposed to
perform xon xoff processing.  In fact I use mine at 9600b with an
enhanced tty driver that can put out 60000b average across all
terminals thus I must have xon xoff.  I just feel that if a program
like emacs avoids overloading the terminal via adaptive padding (and I
KNOW that the terminal is never sending xoff during editing), then the
fact the xon is enabled should have no secondary effect like making an
isolated ^S break the terminal.  I feel that this is a microcode bug!

-------