date/time parsers

utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!KLH at SRI-KL utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!KLH at SRI-KL
Thu Jul 2 08:08:31 AEST 1981

Hmm, another case of wheel re-invention I guess.  I also
have the requisite routines to parse a date-time string into
its components and derive the 32-bit time from them.
  One possible difference: they are written completely in C, since
I don't have YACC.  Also, I specifically wrote it to accept all
of the same input that the TNX JSYSes do, barring one or two
cases that you never really see (e.g. "midnight").  It is quite
a bit more context-free than TNX, however.
   Perhaps what you should do is get a copy of all the hacks
mentioned so far, and report to UNIX-WIZARDS which ones are
winning for what reasons.
-------