proc table GC + fortunes

utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!knutsen at SRI-Unix utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!knutsen at SRI-Unix
Tue Jul 7 17:02:20 AEST 1981

From: Andrew Knutsen <knutsen at SRI-UNIX>
	I dont know if its just our system or what, but after we've been
up a week or two our "ps" listings start to get very strange. I suspect
others have this problem because were pretty close to "virgin Bell". Does
anybody have a utility that runs thru and tries to clean things up a bit?
	In exchange, we here at SRI have compiled an extended version of
the "fortune" program. This consists of a file containing one-liners
gleaned from various sources around the net (no tinglers, sorry) and
a modified fortune program that does an lseek rather than reading the
whole file as the Bell one does. The file has around 1200 fortunes, so
repititions are rare. Let me know if you want a copy, or have more
fortunes to fold in.