UNIBUS mapalloc

utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!woods at LL-ASG utzoo!duke!decvax!ucbvax!woods at LL-ASG
Mon Jul 13 12:05:17 AEST 1981

From: woods at LL-ASG (John Woods)
     I now have completed the UNIBUS map which I was working on (and announced
a trial version of).  Mapalloc now hands the unibus out in 8K chunks (one map
register at a time), and though I haven't been able to run any conclusive
benchmarks, it seems to provide some improvement.  There have been some
problems with asking RL02 drives to share the UNIBUS; their marginal design
causes them to fail in the presence of any contention for the attention of
the UNIBUS.  Devices with reasonable buffering and/or no time constraints
should experience no problems at all.

Happy Hacking!
	-- John Woods

-----