solid-state paging

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Nov 10 03:25:34 AEST 1981

>From menlo70!sytek!zehntel!berry at Berkeley Tue Nov 10 02:49:25 1981

an extension of main memory" but swapping is not.  One generally resorts to
swapping when you have 10 pounds of active processes that want to fit
into a 2 pound sack (memory).  Our primary 11/70 has 1.5 megabyte of
main memory, yet with 35 software engineers logged in we do a gross
amount of swapping.  A solid state swapper would be a boon for us.
 -berry kercheval