Fixed length identifiers

utzoo!decvax!pur-ee!tgi utzoo!decvax!pur-ee!tgi
Mon Nov 16 10:49:26 AEST 1981

identifiers, I'm curious how this could handle identifiers in several different
files, since it would be the linker's problem to resolve the names in the
individual object modules.  Assuming the 2 char suffix to the 4 char beginning
of the original identifier would be generated as some function of the earlier
characters, I fail to see how this could be made to work RELIABLY in the case(s)
where many symbols exist differing in only the 7th or 8th character position.
--tgi