C on PDP-10/20

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Sun Nov 15 18:45:14 AEST 1981

>From mike.bmd70 at BRL Sun Nov 15 18:05:07 1981
Jon -

	There is a "C" compiler from MIT which generates MIDAS (?) for
ITS.  Dave Krusch and I ported this compiler to TOPS-10, and wrote
a run-time system which closely resembles UNIX system calls.  (This
was the "Snyder" compiler).  It is a little strongly typed, and generates
lukewarm code, but it has been run for several years, and has been a
help to have around.

	More recently, Jay Lepreau (Lepreau at Utah-20) has implemented
a PCC for the PDP-20 running TOPS-20.  I believe this also includes a
good runtime library.
				Cheers,
				-Mike