Response to 11 floating point aborts

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Nov 10 06:00:35 AEST 1981

>From CSVAX.william at Berkeley Tue Nov 10 05:25:16 1981
The mention of changing PDP-11 code  default abort to be more broad is
interesting. I wasn't aware that the hardware didn't default that way to
begin with. But if you must change it to be more sensitive I hope you
don't intend in messing with the SETD instruction at the beginning of
each program using floating point; as this is depended on for other things
in non-fp systems. Much better to initialized floating point status at
exec time.

After checking, I find no changes in 2.8bsd to setup the floating point
status/error registers differently then standard V7.

	Bill Jolitz.