uucp dialing out

dav%berkeley at csuf.UUCP dav%berkeley at csuf.UUCP
Mon Jul 11 04:21:00 AEST 1983

Bill Stewart,
	What you are missing is a few changes to /usr/lib/dnd.
	It has hardcoded into it a few constants which are fed to
	your dialer telling it how to dial.  This is designed for
	Vadic modems and dialers.  I got this working on a MACS
	chassis and a 300 baud modem.  I never did get my 3-way
	to dial out at any speed.

	If you are using Vadic hardware, you need to find the table
	of addresses (it is commented a little) and change them to
	agree with your configuration.  If you are using Bell dn
	dialers, you are on your own, but essentially you need to
	remove `dnd' from the chain, because its sole purpose is to
	simulate a 'dn' on a vadic dialer.

				dave markowitz
				...!ucbvax!{ucivax,trw-unix}!csuf!dav