4.1 and vms on same disk anyone?

corot at utcsstat.UUCP corot at utcsstat.UUCP
Tue Jul 5 23:22:05 AEST 1983

Ok wizards: Have any of you given any thought to getting unix and vms
to share a disk (like an RA81, for example)? Has anyone actually
done this?
	We are getting a single disk 750 soon and we thought that
being able to boot vms occasionally might be nice. We may use
vms' stand alone backup to save the disk and DEC might feel better
about things if we verify hardware problems with vms.
	We would like to have unix boot blocks, a minimal vms disk
and the rest of the disk belong to unix. VMS is a bit rigid about
home blocks, so we thought that letting vms at the disk first
might be easiest. Allocate all the spare space to a single file
and then build the unix file system into that space.
	Any ideas about how to accomplish this?

			Corot Reason
			University of Toronto
			...decvax!utzoo!utcsstat!corot