System V on-line documentation

msc at qubix.UUCP msc at qubix.UUCP
Tue Jul 19 00:38:25 AEST 1983

	I have just been looking at the System V distribution we received
	and there appears to have been a policy change with respect to
	on-line documentation.

	Only 3 of the system V documents are provided on the distribution
	tape:

		"Unix System User's Manual -- System V",
		"Unix System Adminstrator's Manual -- System V"
		"Unix Operating System Error Message Manual -- System V"

	There are 9 other documents which are provided in printed form only.

	I hope this is not the start of something bad.

	Does anyone know the reason for this change?

	BTW the error message manual is an excellent idea.  I hope that we will
	see the same thing for other Unix systems (e.g. 4.2bsd).
--
	Mark
	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!qubix!msc