Versatec usage (help)

Spencer W. Thomas thomas at utah-gr.UUCP
Sun Jul 24 14:57:07 AEST 1983

The only problems we've had with our V80 (at least since it's been
attached to our Vax) have been strictly user-caused mechanical failures
(like opening the front without pushing the little "push to open" lever.)
And we're even running it through a multiplexor!  (Maybe that's the
secret?)  Its print quality is a little ragged when running vtroff (alternate
pixels are off by as much as 1/400th of an inch (i.e., half a dot)), but
that's more or less acceptable.  Considering the amount of output that
gets pushed through the beast, it's remarkably reliable (I don't remember
the last time it was down).

Maybe you got a lemon?

=Spencer