enhanced cron.c, anyone?

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 20:19:26 AEST 1983

We have a program called "user" (I think this was sent over
net.sources), which we use to run as someone other than uid 0, gid 0
from crontab, e.g.

10  6 * * * /usr/local/user news /usr/lib/news/news.daily.sh

User is similar to su, except that it (a) understands groups and (b)
allows a command to follow the user:group specifier.  It also changes
ownership of your terminal.  Our version even handles suspending
processes, changing terminal ownership back and forth.

I suppose I can send it to ARPA sites that don't get net.sources.

				- Chris
--
In-Real-Life:	Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci
UUCP:		{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!chris