hello.c benchmark on Apollo

P. Tucker Withington ptw at vaxine.UUCP
Thu Jul 21 02:23:46 AEST 1983

I was able to run this benchmark at an Apollo mini-trade-show in Boston
yesterday.  Unfortunately, I could only get to their 'C' compiler and was not
running in their System III emulator environment (AUX).  As a result, I don't
have complete information.  I was running on a DN-300 with a local disk, but
in a directory on a foreign node (which had the compiler on it also).

"cc hello.c" took 1.287 cpu-secs, 2.515 real-secs.  This puts them at #2 on
the list (caveated by my comments above).  To my knowledge they use the 68010
(which they were the motivating force for) and their own MMU.

I think Apollo could be a formidable challenge to Sun.  Does anybody have this
benchmark for the latter?

				       --Tucker (ptw at vaxine.UUCP)

(Sorry I didn't mail this, but my mail is going down a null-hole somewhere.)