4.1 boot question

Steven M. Kramer smk at linus.UUCP
Wed Jul 20 07:34:22 AEST 1983

I recently tried to make my own /boot for a 750 4.1 and got burned.
All I wanted to do is recompile the boot and put it there.  What
I did was go to /usr/sys/stand and remake boot as such:

make boot

I then moved this to /boot.  The boot program `ran', but printed out
`not a directory'.  This was not true.  The original boot (after many
contortions getting it back) worked fine afterwards.

I noticed that te make did a dd.  Is that the problem?  Can I move the
plain a.out to /boot?  It also strips it which I guess it to cut the
size down before loading it.

Any suggestions?
--
--steve kramer
	{allegra,genrad,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!smk	(UUCP)