enhanced cron.c, anyone?

Mike Lutz mjl at ritcv.UUCP
Sat Jul 23 11:49:56 AEST 1983

Our cron.c (4.1 & locally mucked with V7) supports the following additions:

1.	The uid & gid of a command can be specified in parentheses
	just before the command itself, e.g.

	(107,81)foobar

	will run foobar with uid = 107 and gid = 81.  Normally the
	command runs with uid & gid set to an innocuous daemon user
	and group (i.e., you have to explicitly request execution
	with root permissions).

2.	If the command name is preceded by a '#', the C shell is used
	rather than the Bourne shell to parse and execute the command.

Quite frankly, I thought this was a "standard hack" we'd gotten from
somewhere along the way, but apparently one of the other wizards around
here added it.  When I find out who did it, I'll give credit.

Let me know if you'd like to see the changes.  If there's enough
interest, I'll post the necessary mods to net.sources, otherwise I'll
mail them individually.

Mike Lutz
{allegra,seismo}!rochester!ritcv!mjl