micros that run unix

april at ucla-locus april at ucla-locus
Sat Jul 23 09:06:00 AEST 1983

From:  Dave Greenberg <cepu!april at ucla-locus>

    I need to buy a micro with the following characteristics:

    1. Must run "real" UN*X (especially uucp).
    2. Must have at least 4 ports, at least one of which can support a modem.
    3. Must be able to address more than 256K bytes.
    4. Capable of running vanilla flavored f77.
    5. Preferably has 8 inch floppys.
    6. Preferably seperate i & d space.
    7. Needs to have at least 10 meg of disk storage (20 meg prefered).
    8. *MUST* be under $10,000, including the system. (Our UNIX license is under
       the UC stystem wide license from UC Berkley so we may be able to
       dicker about software prices).

    Can you recommend any particular micro?

	THANX
(Summary will be posted to the net.)