bug in C

bytebug at berkeley bytebug at berkeley
Mon Jul 18 00:23:00 AEST 1983

The bug report to Unix-Wizards where argv and argc are screwed up by
the `extern blech(Z);' statement seems to only affect `pcc'
implementations.  I just tried the program here (a 11/45 running V7),
and `cc' correctly complained about the extern statement (Inappropriate
parameters), but `pcc' compiled it with no errors, and resulted in
`[-178]' being printed.

The error also appears on my 68000 System III implementation, so my
guess is that the 68000 and VAX C compilers were likely derived from
`pcc'.

	-roger