The Purpose of the Wizards Digests

mike%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP mike%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Jul 1 10:36:16 AEST 1983

From:      Mike Muuss <mike at brl-vgr>

Chris -

The Digests are being sent to catch up on the backlog of mail,
stuff which didn't get sent out when SRI-CSL was unable to send
mail.  800Kbytes of mail accumulated, and I'm trying to get
all the worthwhile messages out to the readership, without
totally flooding them.

I elected to do this by "digesting" the backlog, and releasing the
digests a few at a time.  Digests only go to InterNet subscribers;
UUCP (USENET) people asked to be spared the phone bills on 800 Kbytes
of extra traffic.

Once the backlog is sent, only direct mailing will be used, to provide
the most timely distribution of the material (not that I have the time
to run another digest, anyways).
		Best,
		 -Mike