Emulex vs. 4.1BSD

z at cca.UUCP z at cca.UUCP
Sat Jul 23 06:47:20 AEST 1983

We recently acquired an Eagle disk drive (Fujitsu) with an Emulex
Massbus controller on our VAX-11/780 running 4.1bsd.  I fixed our
configuration file to show that there was another mba and another hp
drive, and the .h files now correctly show that both NHP and NMBA are 3.
(We have two RM03's on mba0 and a tu16 on mba1.)  The Eagle is
configured to look like a huge RM02, and I made an entry for an RM02 in
mbareg.h and in the table in hp.c.  However, when I boot the system,
although the third MBA is found, there's no sign of the drive.  No
"device didn't interrupt", nothing.  How come?

	Steve Zimmerman
	{decvax,linus}!cca!z
	z at CCA-UNIX