Public domain software

Guy Harris guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sun Jul 24 18:29:43 AEST 1983

Most of what is in Section 3 of the Unix User's Manual is NOT in the
public domain; both the Standard I/O Library and "qsort", for example, are
licensed code from Bell Laboratories.  Go forth and buy a V7 UNIX manual,
and almost everything mentioned there is licensed software in the form it
appears in 4.1BSD (there may be a few routines rewritten by Berkeley, but
very few).  4.2BSD may have more which were rewritten, but I suspect the vast
majority of the stuff mentioned in the V7 manual is basically Bell code.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd,allegra}!rlgvax!guy